feetonwire

Monday, November 5, 2007

Mucus Plug

Apologies for the graphic content of this post, but I did say I would post the REAL truth of what happens.

I went for a no. 2 this morning which was quite normal. And then...a lump of mucus came out. Don't worry, there are NO photos of this despite my Dad asking if I would add this to my BLOG today.

It wasn't too much of a shock as the Midwives told us about this in our Antenatal class. To explain, the mucous plug is a collection of cervical mucus that seals the opening of the cervix. It keeps bacteria and infection from entering into the cervix, providing a protective barrier for the developing baby.


Some women describe the mucous plug as looking more like the mucous in your nose. Depending on how close to labour you are, you may see pink, brown, or red blood around the edges of the mucous plug. This is called the “bloody show”. Sorry Mum...I'm not swearing...it really is called that! Anyway, in case you're wondering. Mine was more snot coloured.

So...as all that was a bit gross, how about a lovely photo of...Brad Pitt instead?!!

MMmmmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Google