feetonwire

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Going Potty!

Well I had hoped my next blog post would be to proudly state that Drew was now walking. However, she's yet to master that feat, although on Friday 13th March, she did start walking whilst holding one hand...its going to be a slow process...

But who cares about walking when your baby can pooh in a potty????!!!!! Yep - Drew's first attempt and it worked!

Drew's got this new game she plays with me and it's who can strain the most when you're having a no.2. She is well-rehearsed in this department and we all know fully well when she's trying to 'squeeze the cheese'.

So, I could tell she was having one of these private moments (I say 'private', but we were in the kitchen and Barney was intent on watching what was going on in case it involved food). I sat her fully-clothed on her new potty. It's called a '
Potette Plus' and comes with a neat little bag to catch the 'little items'. Very clever. She squeezed and squeezed. Her little eyes welled up and her face went red. I made the squeezing noises and face too and she thought it was very funny.

It's the first time Drew's been okay with sitting on the potty as normally I try to put her on there and she can't wait to get off. This time, it seemed to be working.
After about 1 minute, all was calm. I stripped her down to check the contents of her nappy. Nothing, but a nappy full of methane which my nose evaluated instantly.

So, rather than take her off completely, I kept her with her nappy off and 'plopped' her back
down on her potty, gave her something to play with and within minutes, she started straining again. I was able to put the shopping away and leave her on the kitchen floor next to me entertaining herself and Barney and when I next checked, we had a lovely (not really little) package was sitting in the bottom of the potty! Drew was excited as Mummy was excited and we both enjoyed some well-deserved grapes for her trouble. I know...I spoil her don't I. So, I understand the trick now is to catch them at it and do the same whenever you can. I'm SO glad I'm back in the office tomorrow for the rest of the week...phew!

Oh and for those out there who are doubting this story, you know I wouldn't let this momentous occasion go without photographic evidence would I??

Here it is below....BEHOLD!
The "No. 2 from Drew"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Google