feetonwire

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Picken Chox!

Is it wrong to want to pick my daughter's scabs?

Yup...Drew's had it. The dreaded chicken pox. Or as Drew calls it - 'Picken Chox''. I have to say, I wasn't looking forward to inviting chicken pox into our house through the front door and allowing it to stay for a fortnight holiday, but as it was making the rounds with Drew's best buddies, it was only a matter of time before the 'pox' weeded its way through our letterbox and nested in Drew's bedroom.

My Mum said when I was young, it was normal for parents to have 'chicken pox parties'. This didn't involve any cakes, party games or presents however. No...just the exchanging of germs. Can you imagine a game of pass-the-parcel, but it would be more like pass-the-germs! Nice.

I think I would have been up for that had we not had Harry who was on a roll of being germ-free AND happy and not crying for the first time since her arrival. So, I did try to avoid it, but it was to no avail.
Saying that, Drew caught it and although she continued life as normal but was confined indoors for about 5 days with myself and Harry, Harry has yet to get it. Very odd.

Drew seemed to survive having chicken pox pretty well. She didn't have many spots and the spots she did have were mostly on her belly and back. She didn't scratch them hardly at all, although the lotion we applied 3 times a day must have done the trick. She had one night where she was restless and we were all awake until 2.00am consoling her, so I think we got away scott

The only thing we have to remind us of this event are the scabs on Drew's back and belly. Drew's already found out how satisfying it is to pick scabs, having picked a few off and brought them to us as proud trophies for surviving 'picken chox'. Darn it...I wanted to do that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Google