feetonwire

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

'Zat?'

Holding the chains in both hands, I gently lent back, closed my eyes and stretched out my legs in front of me. Moving my head to face the sky above me, I could feel the warmth of the struggling springtime sun on my face and just then, the momentum of the swing gradually swung me forwards and ever so lazily backwards. I stayed like that for what seemed eternity, listening to the birds calling to each other, only just noticing the repetitive squeak of the rusty chains as I rocked back and forth. As I opened my eyes, I focused on the clear blue sky...still swinging forwards, backwards, forwards, backwards and then...








"'Zat?"

"'Zat?"
"'Zat?"

The beautiful silence broken by my beautiful daughter whose ever-developing vocabulary now features 'Zat?' of which we hear pretty much hourly. Also known as 'What is that?'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Google